24 Nov – 25 Nov 2022 Lagos, Nigeria || Register before 21 Oct 2022 to receive early registration discount.
We are delighted to announce that registrations are now open for the upcoming IBA/FCCPC Competition Law in Africa Conference: regulatory developments and enforcement trends across the continent, taking place on 24-25 November 2022. Join antitrust enforcers and prominent thought leaders to explore current trends and debate the hottest issues in competition law in Africa.
This conference will invite participants from across the world to present on the most prominent topics affecting the industry at present. It is rare that transborder transactions do not need to take antitrust principles into consideration, thus legal practitioners working with competition law as well as any lawyer involved in cross-border matters will benefit from attending. In its first regional IBA conference since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, the conference will also provide a unique opportunity to meet and network with other Africa based and Africa focused legal practitioners.
Topics will include:
- The Nigerian Competition Act
- The consumer welfare standard
- Economic evidence in competition law cases
- The interplay between competition policy and trade law
- Cartel conduct – bid rigging and cross-border cartels
- Leniency regimes
- Merger control
- Abuse of dominance – price discrimination, buyer power, and excessive pricing
- Competition in digital markets
- Extraterritorial and concurrent jurisdiction
- Due process and transparency in the investigatory process
- Competition reports in merger notification.
The conference will also include a workshop on the fundamentals of competition law for those who require an introduction to the basic economic principles underpinning competition law.
The conference social programme also includes a welcome reception on 24 November. In order to ensure your safety and comfort throughout the event, the IBA will be following a Code of Conduct and adhering to both local and national guidelines and governmental regulations.
Advertising and sponsorship opportunities
For details of how to become a sponsor for this event, please visit the website or email email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in Lagos!